Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the breaking point

Everything is crashing down around me. my student loan application somehow got filled out wrong, and I have been on hold for almost an hour waiting to talk to someone at the student financing office to sort it out and clarify that I do not make $2700 a month while IN SCHOOL. not to mention the due date for signing up for my royal conservatory guitar exam being today, and having no method of paying since they only accept credit card. not to mention the CRA sending me a letter telling me that they gave me too much money on my tax return, which I already spent on textbooks... not to mention that I haven't practiced in 2 days and havent practiced conducting in nearly a week...

I usually reach a point where there is so much stress coming down at once that I kind of just shut off and ignore it. I am at that point now, and its actually not that bad. I'm doing my best to handle each situation one at a time, and I know there is nothing more I can do. I also have an interview for the position of RA in an hour, so I won't let myself freak out until at least after that interview.

also my choir folder is missing..

I wish I had an "on the bright side" comment, but I really don't. I guess the bright side might be that I don't have to get up early tomorrow?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry Mike. Don't sweat looking 4 da CRA return- I'll talk 2 accountant 2moro - Focus on practicing 2 Moro! Praying it'll B a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo I defs didn't know you blogged. That's pretty sweet. And I think the bright side is that Jesus loves you, and he's there for you. So cast all your cares upon Him and he'll take care of it all. Satan likes to be a douche in stressful times like this, but God's got the battle. So chill out! Because God's got your back and he won't let you fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and I thought only us old farts had to deal with this kind of stress...

    I encourage you to lean on other believers in these times of stress -- they are the hands and feet and heart of Jesus to us in times of need; something that I only began to *truly* learn later in life.

    Be careful about "shutting off" emotionally. God gave us a sense of pain, both physical *and* emotional, to warn us of potential damage to our being. It is *occasionally* necessary to ignore the pain, but usually inadvisable -- again, something I only *truly* learned after leaving a trail of broken lives in my wake.

    Praying things are working out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mike! I empathize with you 120000 percent! I know that's not mathematically possible, but I so feel your pain and agony!

    I know this post was a while ago now, but I really, really hope things have calmed down a little. We're almost at the end of the semester. This is the hardest point! You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Alyssa! things have calmed down now. As always God brought me through it, and I have still learned a lot and kept my head above water. We should have a chat when you are back in Calgary if you have the time, it would be fun to hear about your experiences at Grad school in more depth. as my graduation draws closer I want to make sure and be looking to the future, and perhaps it will hold something similar for me!

    ReplyDelete