Monday, April 11, 2011

Also, for those interested, the virtual choir 2.0 has launched! I saw the first one back last year, and I decided that if Eric Whitacre ever did another one I would be part of it. He is one of my favorite composers (either living or dead) so I was thrilled to hear that he was doing a second one of his piece "Sleep".

In December I learned my part (Bass 1) and practiced it in my sisters house during Christmas break, sitting in her kitchen watching the conductor video on youtube that Mr. Whitacre had uploaded trying to imagine the multitude of voices that should be surrounding me on this piece. After many arduous takes I finally got one that I was happy with.

Four months later, the finished video arrives! featuring over 2000 singers from across the world, my name is in the credits! enjoy... it is by no means perfect, but I think it sounds splendid and I am glad to have had the chance to be a part of this. Unfortunately my video is not seen at any point since there are so many singers, but my audio is in there somewhere =]

No comments:

Post a Comment